Sunday, March 2, 2008

Call me Maude

Ok, so hello? I guess.

I'm banking on the fact that this opener will be to blogs what "Call me Ishmael" was to American literature. Ok, maybe not, but if I can't dream that big in life maybe I can do it on this blog. Guess what? I don't even know what book that line is from. Ok, fine, that's not entirely true either. I will admit, though, that I wanted to make a clever reference and I had to wikipedia "Ishmael book" to make sure I was thinking of the right thing, just in case fate (or an internet search of "Ishmael") happens to bring some crazy Moby Dick fans my way. Full disclosure to all those Moby Dick fans (or Moby and Andy Dick fans) that may have stumbled here by accident: I've never read the book. I only know like two of his songs, and I think he owns a tea store. He seems funny in interviews, but I never really got into watching News Radio. Did I cover all my bases? Thanks for stopping by; I hope you find what you're looking for. Damn, I keep ending stuff with prepositions. I hope you find for that which you are looking??? Fuck it, let them dangle! I hope you find what you're looking for.

So what's this thing all about? Dangle Well, I don't know. For now I'm just typing words and waiting to see where they take me. There's no real theme, and that kind of suits me.

It's Sunday. Too late to still be in my pajamas, but here I am wasting another weekend's end watching movies so terrible I can't help but love them. Today's showing is Big Trouble in Little China. Have you seen this John Carpenter masterpiece? It has Kurt Russell in a tank top, a creepy martial-arts guy who floats and wears lots of white makeup and Lee Press-On Nails, and Kim Cattrall before she got all ultra-horny. I mean, really, how could you not love this film? If this won't cure my paralyzing case of the Almost Monday Blues, well I just don't know what will.

I hope you come back soon, blogger friend, but this is where I end it for now. I think Kurt Russell's tank top is about to get wet. I gotta go.

1 comment:

  1. Great opening! It's no Melville, but it's still great. I love how you put words together. Now, just keep it going! And I was thinking - you know how I have the angle in my blog, albeit loose, where I tell readers what I'm drinking/listening to? Well, maybe yours could be what bad movie you're watching. You could do a similar little mini-review each time. Anyway, find the white whale and then come home!

    ReplyDelete