Friday, March 28, 2008

Ghost With the Most, Babe

No, I'm not talking about him again. You can quit rolling your eyes. The ghost who I refer to tonight is my second favorite celluloid specter...Beetlejuice!Beetlejuice!Beetlejuice! Ok, so I know it's not like a cinematic masterpiece or anything, but I think the AFI needs to come up with a new 100 best list for movies like this. I'm not sure what it would be called exactly. Something alluding to the fact that there are certain films that, no matter how many times you've seen them, are impossible not to watch when you find them on TV. Beetlejuice would have to be near the top of that list, along with the Kurt Russel/Goldie Hawn masterpice Overboard. If you have not seen these movies, you are only cheating yourself. I'm sure one of Oprah's make your life better books has a chapter about these films, because I just don't think you can say you're living your fullest life if you deprive yourself of Beetle and Goldie. Anyway, I was feeling a little bah-humbuggish tonight (or whatever you would call it this time of year); but then I found Beetlejuice on TV Land, and all is right in the world. Seriously, I have Beetlejuice on the tube, an ice cold glass of water in a special cup to make it taste more delicious, and two purple and red tootsie-pops which I am saving to eat until my favorite scenes so that I can have the most optimal sensory experience...could a Friday night be any sweeter? Well, probably yes, but I don't care right now.

I think I'm going to marry the freecreditreport.com jingle guy. I don't really think that, but whatever. It's fun to play make-believe. I find him very appealing, and if we do end up getting married it would be awesome to show this to him on our wedding day. I think we'll have a long engagement; the wedding date will get pushed back a few times because he'll be so caught up with his latest job...composing Beetlejuice! The Musical! "B-Double E-T-L-E. That spells beetle, yeah baby." Can't you hear it? Then there would be the scandalous love theme entitled "Juice of my Love." We're gonna have such an amazing life together. I wish I knew his name.

Well kids, Winona is getting ready to shake shake shake to Harry Belafonte, and my purple tootsie pop awaits.

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea about the AFI list. We'll call it: "Movies That Have Been Sent by the Gods of Television Programming Fate Because You Had a Crappy Day, and Oh My God, You Love This Movie!" In my opinion it should also include 'The Breakfast Club', 'Forrest Gump', 'Edward Scissorhands', and 'Big'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love watching the AFI countdowns, but it seems like I am always watching the same movies on different lists... They should make AFI's Greatest Fluffy Movies. Along with emily's movies, the National Lampoon movies, Uncle Buck, Sixteen Candles, Troop Beverly Hills, Teen Wolf, and She-Devil should be included. By the way, if you havn't seen She-Devil...watch it!!! Maude, I would love to know what you think! :)- Sarsa

    ReplyDelete