Saturday, March 15, 2008

People Who Need People

Ok people, I swear I'm not gonna turn this into a strictly Swayze zone, because I know it must be sickening for most of you...or should I say both of you. I just have to say, though, the article in People Magazine is lovely and there are some beautiful pictures inside as well. So do me a proper and go out and buy it. Alright, that's that for now.

I'm faced with the difficult decision this week of which reality show is going to get demoted from my viewing schedule. It's just too much and something needs to go. The new season of Top Chef started this week, and they've added a spicy new flavor...lesbian. There's a romantic girlsome twosome that's in competition. Who smells some drama cooking?! That show makes me want to douse everything in a port wine reduction, and I don't even know what that means. Dancing with the Stars is getting ready to kick off as well. Ordinarily I would say I could do without that show, but I love Marlee Matlin and I'm thrilled that Marisa Jaret Winokur will be representin the larger ladies on the dance floor. Plus, I want to see how long it takes before Priscilla Presley's face melts off altogether. American Idol is finally getting good, and Big Brother is still on too. Ahh! It's too much. I suppose the wise thing to do would be too get off my ass and just step away from the TV, but I think we know that's not about to happen. I'll just have to quit my job; it's the only reasonable solution.

Speaking of the job, it's spring break week bitches! WooHoo! Not so fast, Maude. No spring break for you! I don't mean to whine, it just blows to listen to everyone counting down the days until their fabulous vacations knowing that I still have to work. I really shouldn't complain; in the grand scheme of things, this matters not. But DAMN! I could use a little break. Oh well, all I can do is try to maintain a spring break attitude when I'm stuck at work. To that end, I plan on flashing my coworkers (you're welcome!) and suggesting body shots as a team-building activity at our next staff meeting. I think it will be a huge success.

Happy Spring Break, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. So you know the feeling also? The feel for the need to delete? I decied to ditch the Biggest Loser, Pussycat Dolls Present Girlicious, Grey's Anatomy, Make me a Supermodel, and Gossip Girl. How pathetic am I that I ran out of room on my DVR that I had these gems to spare? At least if anyone saw my recorded programs, I would be less embarressed they didn't see half these titles. Ordinarily I would say "Maude, stand your ground and watch all the shows you want to watch" until I realized what my mom felt like when she confessed she needed to watch "I Want to be a Hilton" quickly before my dad came home from work...

    ReplyDelete